Thursday, March 26, 2015

Apparently I Eat Like a Pig: This Revelation and More...

As a former exchange student, I had already been to my fair share of fancy dinners and had been trained in the art of etiquette quite thoroughly. However, over the years, my skills have deteriorated quite substantially! 

At the beginning of this month, HPU offered an event at a nearby cafe designed to train students on how to eat in a professional setting. Due to the fact I had already been through lessons such as this, I signed up merely for the 5 dollar four course meal (amazing food for that price, by the way!). 

Once we started the meal, I quickly realised I had forgotten nearly everything except the very basic tips you could easily pick up from sitcoms, so I ended up re-learning quite a bit! 

I cannot stress enough how great this event was, and so many students I talked to did not even think to take advantage of it, or didn't know it was going on because they didn't read their newsletter. I hate to tell people what to do (for the most part), but one thing I stress too much now is to read the newsletter. 

We have SO many events for such a small campus, and not nearly enough students take advantage of the numerous networking seminars, free movies, career development opportunities, and free services the school offers! 

For the upcoming week, I have a networking seminar, and for the week after that? An alumni perspective opportunity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment