Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Living at Hawaii Loa Campus

For the past two semesters, I have lived at Hawaii Loa Campus(HLC). This is our Windward location, which means it's not on the metropolitan side where Honolulu is, but on the more natural side with smaller towns like Kailua and Kaneohe. 

I am so glad that I lived on this campus for the first couple months here on Hawaii. Living here, I made so many friends I never would have met otherwise, and allowed us to bond over the joys of having geckos skirting around and discovering that the weather can be completely different once you cross from one side of the island to the other. 

I also feel like I never would have made it over here had I lived any where else. I know over winter break when I lived Downtown, I missed the Dining commons and found that without living on this side I never come here. Which would be a real shame, since I can safely say I like it over here much better. 

This is largely in part because Lanikai Beach is just a short bus ride away, which is rated to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the United States. Many students retreat to this beach as often as possible myself included. 



Now, I'm sure you're wondering why I mentioned zombies. And that's because we had some. In a campus-wide week-long game, at least. This years Humans versus Zombies consisted of many students running around and shooting each other with Nerf guns. Our campus looked like a war zone from the rouge ammo that littered our campus for the week It was all very enjoyable to watch from a safe distance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment